CIDI is a National NGO that coordinates and implements several projects in Uganda. CIDI works at the vanguard of community development focusing on four thematic areas; water and sanitation promotion, sustainable agriculture for food and incomes, health promotion, conflict prevention and peace resolution. CIDI with branches across the country works amongst the poor and vulnerable communities in both rural and urban areas to improve their livelihoods.
CIDI seeks to recruit well self motivated individuals to fill the following vacant position in Kampala Main Office
1. SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICER (MONITORING AND EVALUATION) 1POST
DUTY STATION: HEAD OFFICE KAMPALA (but with regular field visits to upcountry offices
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE OF M&E:
The M&E Officer is responsible for guiding the overall M&E strategy and implementation of related activities within CIDI, plus providing timely and relevant information to all stakeholders. Critical tasks for the M&E Officer are setting up the M&E system and ensuring it is implemented effectively and efficiently.
- Operationalize a community based M&E system in all project activities involving communities.
- Coordinate revision of the project strategy with key stakeholders to ensure an updated and shared understanding of the strategy and information needs.
- Negotiate approval for changes to the project strategy and processes with funding agencies and partner institutions.
- Ensure that an effective and participatory M&E system is established in a decentralized manner as is possible and would be effective.
- Make sure the business of the projects is conducted in an efficient manner by supervising and monitoring project implementation. Ensure that timely decisions on corrective actions are made and implemented.