CIDI is a National NGO that coordinates and implements several projects in Uganda. CIDI works at the vanguard of community development focusing on four thematic areas; water and sanitation promotion, sustainable agriculture for food and incomes, health promotion, conflict prevention and peace resolution. CIDI with branches across the country works amongst the poor and vulnerable communities in both rural and urban areas to improve their livelihoods.
With funding from EU and CONCERN Worldwide will implement a three year project in which is aimed at imparting vocational skills targeting both young men and women of Karamoja in both on farm and off farm activities. The project will be implemented in three districts of Moroto, Napak and Nakapiripit. Therefore CIDI seeks to recruit well self motivated individuals to fill the following vacant positions in their coordinating office located in Matanyi- Napak District. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- PROJECT COORDINATOR: (1 POST)
DUTY STATION: KARAMOJA REGION (NAPAK DISTRICT)
KEY RESULT AREAS:
· Be in charge of managing the Project including day to day project administration, implementation and supervision.
· To ensure effective planning, implementation and monitoring of the project activities.
· Work with other project staffs ensure that they carry out the field duties as required of them in line with their work plans and budgets.
· Actively participate in organizing and conducting the targeted youth trainings in business skills development or on-farm activities.
· Advocating, networking and collaborating with other development partners including local entrepreneurs identified vocational skills training centers, government department and other stakeholders.
· Responsible for convening project review meetings and for lobbying and Advocacy activities in pursuance of Project objectives at lower and higher government levels.
· Working closely with other staffs, prepare and submit progress reports on a regular basis as required by CIDI and the donor.
· In close collaboration with the finance department ensure transparency and accountability in the use of program funds.
· Carryout any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by CIDI Executive Director or his assignees for furtherance of organizational.
- The ideal candidate for this position must have excellent training skills, agriculture extension or entrepreneurial development skills. He/She must have a good grasp of the Ngakarimojong language to be able to deliver trainings to the youth majority of who are illiterate. Should have at least 4-5 years work experience in similar positions.
- The applicant should have excellent report writing, communication and interpersonal skills, able to work with minimal supervision and beat tight deadlines.
- The applicant should as well demonstrate knowledge of financial management and accounting skills, and good working knowledge of modern computer applications and emails/internet skills.